Taste the Kashmiri Vegetarian Cuisines
The most remarkable ingredient in today's Kashmir cuisine is mutton of which there are over 30 varieties.
But Kashmir also excels in its Vegetarian cuisines apart from the non-vegetarian dishes.
Some of the well-known Kashmiri vegetarian cuisines are listed below:-
- Kashmiri Naan- A naan which is stuffed with a sweet cashew, almond and cherry paste.
- Kashmiri Pulao- It is an aromatic, mild and sweet tasted pulao. One of the stress-free pulao recipes to make and unlike other pulaos this particular one is on the sweeter side.
- Kashmiri AlooParatha-This is a potato stuffed Indian Flat Bread. It is best served hot with yoghurt which can be plain or seasoned or a spicy Indian pickle
- Kashmiri Aloo Dum- This recipe uses beloved Kashmiri spices like fennel/aniseed and ginger powder. Dum Aloo is called so because it is cooked under “Dum” or pressure. In this cooking process the food is cooked under pressure in its own juices.
- Kashmiri Baingan- Also known as “ChokhVangun” or Kashmiri khattebaigan is a really very common kashmiri style brinjal curry cooked in a spicy and sour gravy. It is seasoned with fennel seed powder and ginger powder. Kashmiri food is renowned for its use of aromatic, appetizing and rich spices.
- Kashmiri Kehwa- Cloves, cinnamon and ginger are the 3 ingredients used is this recipe mixed with Kashmiri green tea and flavored with cardamom. This helps you relieve headache and maintain fluid levels too.
- Kashmiri Paneer- These are basically deep fried chunks of paneer smoldered in a milk based gravy with lots of khada masalas. Served with dumaloo, mooliki chutney and steamed rice.
- Kashmiri Onion Chutney- This chutney is very spicy in nature and not at all sugary as most western chutneys are.
- Kashmiri Haak (collard greens)- It is a daily dish served in Kashmir. Collard greens are slowly cooked in water for half an hour to one hour till they become tender in nature. Haak is rich in nutrients and normally eaten with plain steamed rice.
- Kashmiri Kofta Curry- Kashmiri kofta curry also known as Kashmiri meat-balls is a mildly spiced and rich in taste dish. The meatballs are bloated with nuts and prepared in a onion based curry.
Click Here For Enquiry