Jaisalmer Fort Popular Monuments of Rajasthan
The vast extension of deserts and lakes along with sand dunes makes this place an attractive destination for the tourists. The famous heritage hotels provide the best service to the travellers to make the tour a memorable one. Some of the famous monuments of Rajasthan are named as follows:
- Hawa Mahal: This Palace of Wind is a very famous palace in Rajasthan and attracts lots of tourists every year. This palace is located in the pink city Jaipur and is known as Hawa Mahal as it has got 900 small windows. Red and pink sandstone is used to build the entire building of this palace. The exotic architecture of this palace will give you a glimpse of the royal lifestyle of Rajasthan.
- Bhangarh Fort: This fort is one of the famous historical monuments of Rajasthan and is an attractive tourist spot. Gopinath, Shiva, Lavina Devi, Mangla Devi and Kesava Rai are some of the well known temples of this place. This place is surrounded by large number of Mosques, havelis and palaces.
- Amber Fort: This famous fort is situated in Jaipur and is the mostly visited tourist spot. In the premises of this Amber fort you can find beautiful garden, terrific palaces and temples. The exotic Palace of Mirror (Sheesh Mahal) is located inside the fort area. The nice blending of the Hindu and Mughal architecture is found in these famous monuments of Rajasthan. The interiors of the palace are well decorated with stones, beautiful paintings and motif works.
- Jaisalmer Fort: This Fort is the largest historical monuments of Rajasthan and is found standing on the golden sand in the centre of the Thar Desert. A number of Jain temples and palaces are found inside the Fort area. This fort is also known as “Golden Fort” as it made of yellow sandstone and golden hue. The famous palaces of Raj Mahal and Merchant Haveli are situated in this fort premise.
- Dargah Shariff: This is one of the most sacred places for the Muslims and is located in the Ajmer District of Rajasthan. The gold plated dome of the tomb of Khwaja Moin-ud-din-Chisti is located in this Dargah. It is believed that the almighty fulfils the desires of the devotees. The sweet smell of the incense stick and the sound of Sufi song give s very enchanting feeling.
Click Here For Enquiry