Procedure & Requirement for India Visa Application
The ministry of Consular Passport and Visa Division is responsible for issuing visas to foreign nationals for their visit to India in different purpose and the facility granted through various Indian mission abroad.
The visa issued by the various Indian missions abroad is based on solicitude against payment of a nominal and non-refundable visa fee and reserve the right on granting and deciding the type and duration of visa despite of fees at the application filling time. The immigration authorities of each country validate the verification of foreign visitors accreditation by a stamped certificatedon the applicant passport.
The visa for tourist shall be granted who is national of Newzeland, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Finland, Laos, Luxembourg, Indonesia and Myanmar and can get the visa on arrival with the validity of maximum 30 days. Countries like Haiti, Burundi, Jamaica, Cape Verde, Mauritius, Mongolia and Maldives can apply for the free visa facility and for the Nationals of Nepal and Bhutan there is no visa requirement.
There are some remote areas in India that require visitors to get Protected Area Permit (PAP) even if they have already a valid visa. Areas include Andman and Nichobar islands, Arunachal Pradesh and some Northern areas Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Sikkim, Utrakhand and Rajasthan here only the tour groups are allowed to visit area. The PAP can be getting at the same time of applying visa.
India visa application forms can be collected from the Indian embassy or can get the online application form andit’s differ person of Indian origin and foreign Nationals. Once who apply for the visa should know about how to get it in proper way.
- Validity of all visa starts from the date they issue
- In the case of more than 180 days of validity of visa the person need to register himself with the department of immigration within 14 days of arrival.
- Visa for tourist or business cannot be more than six month.
- Tourist visa granted up to 5 yearsif the foreign national is connected with tourism trade.
The general requirement for India visa application
- Passport must have a minimum validity of 6 month.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Submit a photocopy of proof of residence that matches the addresson the visa form.
- Supporting documents