Visa Eligibility for Canada
The following are the Canada visa eligibility requirements for everyone who wishes to visit Canada:
- Make sure you posses the necessary travel documents - A legitimate travel document, such as a passport, is necessary along with 2 small passport-style photographs of each family member who might be accompanying you to Canada.You may also look into the list of documents which are not considered acceptable in Canada.
- Good health - You may be in the need of a medical exam if you come to Canada as a visitor, student or worker.
- Check your admissibility / inadmissibility status - You may be found inadmissible based on grounds of security and human rights violation and denied a visa and entry to Canada.
- Speak to an immigration officer - Express the purpose of your visit and convince the immigration officer that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you have familiar ties and financial assets to return to your country of origin at the end of your visit.You may also inquire about the travel documents, the fees associated with the application and how to make the necessary payments.
- Have enough money for your stay - The money needed will depend upon the circumstances of your visit: the length of your stay and where you will be staying; whether in a hotel, with friends or with relatives.
You may also need some more documents like a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada, and a temporary resident visa (depending on your citizenship).
Make sure you need a visa!as citizens of some countries like the United States or Britain are not needed to acquire a visa to enter Canada. Make sure your country is listed as requiring a visa.
How to acquire a visa application ?
- Request a visa application from the Canadian visa office in your country
- Read through the application and check twice to make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements and know what documents you need.
- Get in touch with a Canadian immigration officer in your country to clear up any difficulties.
After filling out the visa application, sign it and send the application to the Canadian visa office where you live.